- What are your shipping costs?
- We ship anywhere in the world. And we won’t charge you the Earth either!
For packing your order nicely and posting it to you:
Within Europe we add £3.50 GBP
Everywhere else, we add £6 GBP
- How long will it take to receive my order?
- We want to get your Madame Plastique jewellery to you as soon as possible. But, as everything is handmade, it might take a few days before we can send you your items (depending on what we have in stock). But rest assured, we won’t drag our feet!
We ship by Airmail, from our studio in Lisbon, Portugal. We use normal airmail – we don’t ship by UPS or any other of the express courier companies.
- Can I pay by cheque or money order?
- Not at the moment, sorry!
However, if you live in Portugal, please contact me as I can accept direct bank transfers or personal cheques from local banks.
- What do you do with my details?
- Nothing at all – we’re nice people! We will never sell or lend your details to anyone outside of Madame Plastique.
As all our payments go through PayPal, we won’t even see your financial information to begin with – PayPal will send us only confirmation of your payment.
Contact and shipping information (your address, any phone numbers, email address, etc) is needed to complete your order but we won’t use it for anything else.
- What if I have problems with my order?
- Hopefully you won’t have any!
But if you do, please contact us with the specific information and we will try and sort out any problems.
- Can I return anything?
- We always hope you will be happy with your Madame Plastique jewellery.
But if you aren’t, please let us know as soon as you receive it.
We will give you a refund on the cost of the items (not postage) provided they are returned to us in their original condition.
- What do you use on your jewellery?
- Well, not surprisingly most of our jewellery is made up of plastic – some more than others, but there’s bound to be some plastic bits in nearly all of them!
We also like to use brass and coloured aluminium chain and we are very, very partial to vintage beads. Or we might just use various odds and ends we have lying around the studio!
We try to list the metals we use, just in case you have an allergy. Unfortunately we cannot be sure any of the materials we use are allergy tested – we are only passing on the information we get from our suppliers.
But do get in touch if you have a query – we might be able to help.
- Have a problem with our site? Just want to comment?
- If you have any problems with our website (on a technical level – we hope you approve of the style!) then please drop us a line, using our contact form.
You can also email us just to send us some (nice) thoughts. In a grand display of affection, you might want to send us chocolate (it keeps us going!!).
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular account payments all through PayPal.
- How secure is this store?
This store uses PayPal for payments, and PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
- Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store?
No, you are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from this store. Although if you already have a PayPal account you may use it.